Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Uh oh Spagettio....



Wow..so after a week in el CCM,(MTC) Tory sounds completely different! Haha but seriously, he sounds like a zone leader already ;) I love that he is serving at the same time as me! I always tell all the people "yeah, me brother is serving a mission too!!" I can´t wait to see a picture of him with his placa!

Funny story: This week we were in a colectivo (like a taxi), and we were talking to the driver about the church and everything, and like always he asked us why the boy missionaries all have the same name of "Elder". So we were explaing what "elder" means y blah blahblahh, and I looked out the window right then and a little bit further ahead I saw (from behind) two latinos walking with backpacks and suits. And I think "Hey Elders"....so I tell the driver "hey look, speaking of the devils, there are two elders right there walking". So the driver starts honking his horn and my companion and I are waving like crazy people at the "Elders". Hearing the rucus from the car, the two latinos turn and look at us, and I think, "Hey, where are your placas? (Name Tags) Why are they walkin around without their placas-- OH NO...those aren´t elders.... TESTIGOS! (witnesses) ...Hermana , stop waving, stop honking, DRIVE DRIVE DRIVE!"
Turns out that the two "elders" were two Testigos de Jehovah (Jehovah Witnesses) hahahahaha. We had a good laugh about it with the driver of the colectivo (taxi) afterwards :)
Other than that, our investigador Francisca is gonna get baptized in Sunday! She is literally made of gold. And she is really trying the act on all of her faith so that she can recieve blessings and come to know her Savior. She is sooooo great! The other day, my companion asked her, "Francisca, do you remember for what date (of baptism) you are preparing?" And she said, "Yes, the 3rd...I am so ready to be born again!" We set there trying not to starting dancing for joy. Miracles, folks. Pure miracles.
One last thing.. the other day, I was sitting with another missionary and I was just thinking to myself about everything...pondering and whatnot. And suddenly a really awesome feeling came over me and I realized that now, I have come to the point when I am really in love. De nada, I realized that it´s true... I really do love my mission. With my whole heart. What a blessing it is to be a missionary.....oh goodness, I love it.
Pero eso! I hope you all are having wonderful adventures up there in the North American continent. Enjoy them for me, take lots of pictures, and tell me all about ´em, yeah? Estan en mis oraciones :)
Love always and always,
Hermana Abigail Page

No comments:

Post a Comment