Friday, August 24, 2012

Beware the swamp cooler!

After a [two week] 'summer break' filled with movies, moving, shopping, gatherings, phone calls, movies, interesting evenings, more shopping, sleeping, and more movies, I am very ready to begin fall semester. I miss having a schedule and having to work around things. I get more done when I have more to do...if that makes any sense? I'm just ready to get this show on the road! Classes and work and friends, oh my!
Starting today, all of my roommates are officially moved in! It's kinda weird sitting in my dorm and someone other than my past summer roommates walking in. I miss them a lot, but I am super stoked to start fresh. I can already tell that my new roommates are awesome, and we probably have the cutest apartment/dorm on the block!
Word to the wise: when you are about to move in somewhere and the only source of air conditioning is through a swamp cooler, look elsewhere for living arrangements. At times, it's brutal. But luckily, past development in technology has given us the invention of the electric fan. Thank you Schulyer Wheeler (inventor of the electric fan).
I'm going to end this post by saying the first five things that pop into my head: Scooby-Dooby-Doo; my CTR ring is German; everything in Utah is Utah-like; vintage bottles are the best; rain is a good thing.
That's all folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment