Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Long live the Classics!

You wanna know how I just spent the last 75 minutes of my life? I indulged my inner child and watched Sleeping Beauty. Not gonna lie to y'all.. I was in heaven! I forgot how much I loved all those Disney Classics. And when I say "classics", I mean the REAL classics, like Cinderella, Peter Pan, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, 101 Dalmatians, Robin Hood, Aladdin, Toy Story, The Little Mermaid, Jungle Book, Beauty and the Beast, Lion King, Pocahontas, Hercules...get my drift? Don't get me wrong, I am a huge fan of Tangled and The Incredibles and Emperor's New Groove and Up and Cars and all the new stuff as well. But there is just something about the oldies that makes your soul sing along to the catchy tunes of magic and imagination...they make you feel so great and happy and fuzzy inside. And plus, there is just something wonderful and magical that sparks in your heart when the opening shot of Tinker Bell flying over Cinderella's castle with the classic, simple blue behind it comes on the screen!
So my word of advice for y'all today is: indulge your inner child. I'm not even joking..I'm completely for reals. If you are having a bad day, are going through something tough, are stressed, or simply just need to kill time...read a favorite children's book, watch a Disney classic, listen to 90's boy bands.. Just something from your younger years! Trust me, it'll lift your spirits faster than the balloons in Up lifted Carl Fredricksen's house.

Well..I can't procrastinate my packing any longer (considering I'm leaving on Thursday morning and I'm working all day tomorrow)... sighh. I'm gonna go get on that. 

See ya suckers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment