Sunday, July 29, 2012

Homemade Acupuncture...

Yesterday when I got home from taking my Stats test, I saw that every single pot, pan, and bowl we own was in the sink or on the counter dirty, so I said to myself, "Abby, do the dishes." So I was obedient to my little Jiminy Cricket and did the dishes. I was on a slight cleaning spree, so I started cleaning every dirty dish that we had. My lovely roommate Kali had made some brownies earlier in the day for our visiting teachees, so the pan full of brownies was sitting on the stove. I decided to further my service by cutting her brownies out of the pan and moving them to a pretty plate, so I could then clean the pan. I was not aware of how stuck the brownies where to the pan... So there I was scraping and sawing away at the non-soft brownie edges and SLIP-SLAP-STAB. The dull, everyday use, everyone has dinner knife that I was using to detach the brownies lost it's hold on the them and flew through the air at lightening last speed (so fast that it was like slow motion fast for me watching it come to forewishin) and stabbed my lower palm that was bracing the other side of the pan to keep it steady. Needless to say, it hurt. Very bad. The cut was a few centimeters deep, which when you think about it is very deep considering the fact that your hand is only about an inch thick on its own. Since if I would have gone to the hospital and they would have just glued it and charged me a couple hundred dollars, I decided that my trusty friend Neosporin could probably provide me with the same method of healing over a slightly longer period of time. My hand burned and stung for a good portion of the rest of the day, which was uncomfortable. However, now it has a scab over it and is a little red around it, but my roommates have assured me that that means it's healing, not that it means it's getting infected and is gonna fall off. That made me happy. Moral of the story: Service requires sacrifice; some people sacrifice their time... I sacrifice my limbs. Hopefully I'll have a cool scar there, so I'll have a story to tell me kids one day!

1 comment:

  1. No abigail nooooooo! I’m sorry for your run-in with the knife, [literally]

    Remember: I’VE CHANGED FOR YOUUUUU!

    ReplyDelete