Wednesday, July 11, 2012

When in doubt, sound it out!

On the way home from the Smith Fieldhouse, which is at the south side of campus, you have to first face the dreaded MOUNT FIELDHOUSE. For those of you have never faced this trek, it is a hike up a set of Everest-like steps. Isn't that silly to have this on the way to and from the gym? Going down is fun, but going up is of the devil. When making the hike today on the way home from weightlifting class, one of my roommates said, "Well I guess it scares away the fat people from going to the gym." Thank you Breanne for your wonderful words of wisdom :)
I had three major highlights to my day yesterday. ONE: On the way home from the gym, Rachel and I located the only swamp in the state of Utah, and it was a secret swamp. We were casually strolling home, and we decided to cut across this open field in front of our dorms. Worst mistake ever. The first step I thought, "Hmmm..this is kinda squishy and wet." Next step, my ENTIRE foot up to my ankle sunk deep into the muddy swampy watery grass field of death. I then had no choice but to walk the rest of my way home in my wet socks. Sick. The only reason this was a "highlight" is because it made me think of Princess Bride for the rest of the day at the part when they went into the fire swamp to escape Prince Humperdinck. Okay, TWO: Rachel and I had to go grocery shopping at the Creamery. I decided to go ahead and buy all the groceries that I will need for the rest of the summer, so I had to use a buggie to push around all my goodies. When we were checking out, Rachel and I realized that we had too many groceries to carry home by ourselves...so we just pushed the buggie down the street, across the courtyard, into our building, up the elevator, and into our dorm room to unload all the groceries! Best idea I have ever had in my life :) All the looks we got were extremely entertaining. To bring it back, I pushed the buggie while Rachel rode inside. While pushing it back to the Creamery, a BYU police officer pulled us over. I was having a mini freak out in my brain, but he ended up just asking us what we were majoring in (he recommended we switch to basket weaving) and telling us to have a nice day. Only at BYU would stealing a grocery cart be considered normal and acceptable. Honestly though, I'm probably going to do that every time I go grocery shopping there now. It makes life so much easier and enjoyable! Last but not least, THREE: I spent the majority of my evening and night hanging out with my roommates in Rachel and Alex's room watching random youtube videos and hanging out eating pretzels til about 2 in the morning. I love college so much.
However, tonight I'm going to break the college norm...I'm going to go to bed at 10 'oclock!! I'm so excited to sleep :) On that note, nighty night!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had an adventureous day Abby, and way to look on the bright side of things, don't forget to post a picture here and there, so I can see your sweet face. Love you

    ReplyDelete