Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Restricted Section.

Yesterday I spent about 5 hours in the Harold B. Lee Library writing a paper for my New Testament class about how I've been a 'Good Samaritan' during the past two weeks. In a weird way, I love writing. I blame my Junior and Senior high school English teacher, Mrs. Lin Smithson. Anyways, not gonna lie, I wrote a pretty kick-booty paper, but that's not what this post is gonna be about. This post is dedicated to one of the most amazing places on the Brigham Young University campus: the Harold B. Lee Library. I don't mean to sound like a complete nerd, but seriously, I love it there! It's the best place to productively get homework done, or to simply have a few reserved quiet moments. I love putting on my headphones, turning up the hymn/piano music, and (peacefully) rockin' out some work. I completely go into my own world. I originally wasn't going to share where my super-sneaky-study-nook-seat-table-place was because I didn't want to give away it's shear awesomeness. And also, I know that my hundreds of blog followers will now want to take over MY place, but it's too amazing not to share. I always go to the 'Asian Collection' section of the library. It only has the most perfect placement to choose from in the library. It's right next to a water fountain and a bathroom (which has a few couches in it for sleeping); it has lots of studying tables around with outlets on the sides of them for easy charging access; it is far enough back into the library that not everyone will be there, but it still has easy access to a flight of stairs; it's right next to the Media Center, so if I ever need to print something or rent something or browse something, it's right there; it's also next to the Juvenille Literature section, so if I ever want to get my little kid on, I'm just a hop and a skip (or two) away; and finally, it's the ASIAN section. Thus, it will be filled with Asian culture and Asian people. And Asian people value smarty-pantsness and study time, so I know it will be a peferctly quiet place where I can study. It's the best. I helps me study like a scholar.
One interesting thing that happened while I was in this blessed place was that some girl had her own like dance party in the middle of the Asian section while I was writing my paper. It was really strange to tell you the truth because there was no music anywhere and she was literally dancing around me...circling my table and the table and bookselves near me. Needless to say, I avoided eye contact cause I was slightly frightened. Only at BYU would this occur with people thinking it's no big deal. Gotta love those Mormons.
-p.s.- This is how I envision the Asian Collection section of the library...it's my own "Restricted Section"


(Disclaimer: I do not literally study in the Restricted Section of the Hogwarts library. Filch would have caught me by now.)

1 comment: